Saturday, October 23, 2010

Just a Quick

Just a quick apology for the sudden lack of posting. I've been in hospital with what we thought was finally *the* gallbladder attack to get the bugger out.

Turns out I had huge infection markers and was on 2 antibiotics and spent quite a few hours in hospital.

Ultrasound, and a very good one at that, showed the organ is perfect. Surgery would fault the body as it's working so well. So they called Will who said, it's obviously traps.

Fever, high white markers, abdominal pain with vomiting and diarrhea. Did she have a mouth ulcer before this? Yes, actually, I did. How funny.

So I'm to up the steroid to 40mg and I'm to see Will. So no need for the gastro on the 5th.

I'm feeling much better after 2 days on antibiotics but the amount of morphine needed for the abdominal pain is a bit concerning. It scares the bejeezus out of me.

Care was phenomenal, room mates were slightly demented and insane (more on Mary another day) but I am thrilled to be home.

They wake you so often for this and that that it is highly impossible to ever get rested.

So, another point for TRAPS.

0 comments:

Post a Comment